Sardine Migration Begins in South Africa – level 2
Along South Africa’s east coast, sardines began their migration that lasts from April to July. It occurs in different locations around the coast. People named it the ‘sardine run’, and the huge shoal of fish is five to seven kilometres long.
Dolphins and other animals that eat fish see the sardine run as a lot of food, while scientists see it as a time to research. They learned that reproducing adults and young fish are in the sardine run.
Difficult words: huge (very big), shoal (a big group of fish), reproducing (able to make babies).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos