Saving Elephants – level 1
This news is about elephants. Around 28,000 elephants die every year. A former soldier talks about poaching. She says that people call it ‘poaching’, but it is more like war. Somebody gives the poachers arms, and somebody transports the ivory.
Kenyan rangers try to protect the elephants. They have a new smartphone app. They can see important data. They can enter new data, too.
The app helps them. Since 2016, fewer elephants die. The drop is by 11 per cent.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.