Say hello to a new doll – level 1
A company has a good idea. It wants to make a doll. This doll is called Lammily. She is unlike a Barbie. She looks like a normal woman.
This company does not have enough money. You cannot make a doll without money. The company asks people for help. People send it money. The company starts to make the doll, and now you can buy her!
You can put stickers on the doll. These stickers can make her a little fat. She can have glasses. She can be a little dirty, too.
Some girls see the doll. They like her. They say that she is pretty. They say that she looks like a normal girl.
Difficult words: company (a group of people who run a business), doll (a toy which is like a little woman), sticker (a small piece of paper which you can put somewhere).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you buy your daughter Barbie or Lammily? Why?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.