School Safety Plan – level 1
Last week, a student shoots other students. This is at a high school in California, USA. The school has a safety plan. It is possible that the safety plan helps people right away.
The school writes the safety plan in 2018. The school works with the police in 2019. People at the school learn what to do before bad things happen. They practice lockdown drills. They learn how to stop blood loss.
The safety plan also asks for professionals to help. The professionals help people with their thoughts after bad events. Professionals are working with the school now.
Difficult words: safety plan (a plan on how to keep a place safe during a violent event), lockdown drill (when people practice if a violent person is near them; they lock doors and hide), blood loss (when a lot of blood comes out of your body because you are hurt).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos