Scientists Climb Mount Everest – level 3
A team of scientists from China´s Ministry of National Resources have scaled Mount Everest as a part of a project to remeasure its height.
China´s network of satellites is being used in the survey to determine the mountain´s current height and natural resources. The survey team is also collecting data on snow depth, weather, and wind speed to help glacier monitoring and natural protection.
Chinese scientists are likely to be the only people to summit the world´s tallest mountain this year. Both China and Nepal canceled spring climbing season due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Mount Everest is located in the Himalayas, and the China-Nepal border runs across its highest point. The current official elevation of 29,029 feet is officially recognized by both China and Nepal.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.