Scientists discover a new dinosaur – level 1
Scientists in Argentina find a fossil of a new dinosaur. They call the dinosaur Meraxes gigas. The name is after a dragon from a famous TV series.
The dinosaur is a predator. A predator eats other animals. The dinosaur is very dangerous.
The fossil is very special. It has all the body parts. Scientists see the head, arms, and feet. It is the first time that scientists find the whole fossil of this kind of dinosaur. They can learn many things about the animal.
Scientists are surprised at how small the animal’s arms are. The animal weighs about four tons. Its arms are only 60 centimeters long.
Difficult words: fossil (a part of an animal or plant that lives a long time ago), dinosaur (a large animal which lives millions of years ago), weigh (to be heavy).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos