Scientists Make Meat – level 2
A laboratory in the Netherlands can grow meat. Currently, a little piece of meat costs around $12,500, but the price will come down.
One professor said that the laboratory has an investor, and you could buy this meat in around three years. It will still be expensive, at around 12–14 dollars for a hamburger, but the price will continue to drop. In seven years from now, you will be able to buy it in a supermarket.
The production of the meat will be cheaper than keeping cows, but it is important that people like the meat.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.