Scientists make nuclear fusion – level 2
On Tuesday, US officials announced a breakthrough on fusion energy.
Fusion energy powers the sun and stars. In the process, two light atoms come together to make a heavier one, and this change releases a lot of energy.
Scientists in California, United States, used 192 lasers to make a fusion, and for the first time ever, this work created more energy than the lasers required. If companies can use fusion to make electricity in the future, the situation could help the problems with climate change.
Before this time comes, a lot more research needs to happen, and people should still focus on alternative energy like solar and wind power or nuclear energy.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.