Scorpions at Charles de Gaulle Airport – level 1
Cameroon is a country. It is in Africa. Some people have scorpions. They have 115 of them. They want to take the scorpions to the USA. They want to sell them on the Internet.
They send the scorpions from Cameroon to the USA. The scorpions are in Paris. They are at Charles de Gaulle Airport. French officers find the scorpions. They seize them.
The scorpions are endangered. They are big, but they are not dangerous to people.
Difficult words: officer (a person who checks people at the airport), seize (to take something which you cannot have), endangered (in danger because there are not enough animal of this type).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the scorpions?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.