Scorpions on Nails – level 2
Nail art sometimes goes to extremes, but this trend could be something even a little dangerous. Customers in Mexico can now have a scorpion glued on a nail. One scorpion costs around $3.
Scorpions are highly venomous, and you can die if one stings you. The team says that its scorpions are not venomous after they die. The team also uses tweezers to put them on nails.
The trend is not for everyone. Some people react positively, while others think that it is a horrible and tacky trend.
Difficult words: venomous (with venom – poison), tweezers (an instrument for moving small things), tacky (showing poor taste and quality).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos