Scorpions on Nails – level 3
Nail art has gone to the extremes before – we have seen rhinestones and furry nails, but Mexico’s adding something which could be considered somewhat dangerous. Customers are paying around $3 to have a scorpion glued to a nail.
Scorpions are highly venomous and if one stings you, it can lead to death, but the team insists that the ones that it is using are not venomous after they die and that the team uses tweezers when handling them.
One manicurist said that this trend is not for everyone. Some people react positively while others think that it is a horrible and tacky trend.
People have accused the team of animal cruelty, but the team explained that they buy the scorpions dead from people who find them in mountain ranges.
Difficult words: rhinestone (an imitation diamond), furry (covered with fur – thick hair), venomous (with venom – poison), insist (say something is true), tweezers (an instrument for moving small things), tacky (showing poor taste and quality).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.