Seal and Cows – level 2
A birdwatcher saw a 5-day-old seal in an unusual place. She was in mud among a herd of cows. The man called for help and people rescued the seal. Vets helped her rehydrate and gain weight. They also gave her antibiotics.
When she is at least 27 kilograms heavy and she is able to feed herself, they will release her back to the wild.
Nobody knows how exactly the seal got so far from the ocean. People named her “Celebration” and she is getting better.
Difficult words: herd (group), vet (animal doctor), rehydrate (have enough water in the body).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this seal?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos