Second “Earth” is found – level 1
Scientists use a telescope. This telescope is called the Kepler telescope. It is powerful.
The scientists find a planet with it. The planet is 1,400 light years away. The planet is called Kepler-452. It is 60 per cent bigger than Earth.
The planet moves around a star. This star is like our sun. The planet is at a good distance from the star. There can be liquid water on the planet. Maybe, life exists on the planet.
Difficult words: telescope (a thing for looking at stars and planets), distance (the space between two things; how far something is), liquid (when something is like water—it is not ice and it is not gas).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this planet?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.