Seizures and Vaping – level 2
A US government organisation is looking into 35 reports about e-cigarettes from 2010–2019. In the reports, people have seizures after they use e-cigarettes.
Thirty-five reports is a small number but an important number. The organisation wants to know more.
It asks people to report these problems on its website.
Young people are in many of the reports. It is not clear that vaping causes seizures, but seizures can come from nicotine poisoning. The administration wants to look into other problems with e-cigarettes.
Difficult words: seizure (when your brain suddenly stops working correctly because of the electricity in the brain changes), vape (smoke an e-cigarette – an electronic cigarette), nicotine (a chemical inside of cigarettes and in some e-cigarettes).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.