Selfie Damages Art – level 2
In Russia, a woman leaned on a wall display at an art show to take a selfie. She accidentally knocked the display over on top of two paintings by two important Spanish artists – Salvador Dali and Francisco Goya.
The paintings were valuable and the falling wall damaged them.
Difficult words: wall display (a wall that people can move and can hang art for a museum or an art show), valuable (culturally important and worth a lot of money), damage (hurt or break something badly).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.