Serbia Floods – level 2
On Tuesday, severe floods hit Serbia, Bosnia, and Herzegovina. After days of heavy rain, rivers flooded houses, and some people had to leave their homes.
In 2014, big floods hit the countries, and the countries invested more than 4 million euros to build better bridges and make the rivers safer.
However, it was not enough, and this week about 70 families had to leave their homes in Serbia. Floods took several houses away, and the houses smashed into a bridge. A big landslide damaged some houses in Bosnia, and Serbian officials worry that there could be landslides in their country, too.
Serbia is currently fighting the coronavirus, and officials decided to declare a state emergency.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.