Serbia Floods – level 3
Parts of Serbia, Bosnia, and Herzegovina faced torrential flooding and swollen rivers on Tuesday, after days of heavy rainfall. This happened despite 4.4 million euros spent on flood prevention since 2014, when both Serbia and Bosnia were hit by major flooding.
In western and central Serbia, about 700 houses have been flooded with about 70 families forced to evacuate their homes in Ljubovia. Floating buildings smashed into a bridge, and there are increasing concerns over the possibility of landslides.
In some municipalities, flooding cut off the supply of drinking water and some regional roads. Serbian authorities have declared a state of emergency, as the country is also battling a rising number of coronavirus cases.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.