Serbia protests – level 1
Serbian police arrest 38 people. These people protest against the election results on December 17. Some protesters try to get into the city hall.
Some people believe that the election is not fair. Some problems are in Belgrade. Some politicians are not happy with the results either. They ask the EU for help. They want a new and fair election.
The Serbian president thinks that western countries help the protesters. Russia supports the government, too. Some people say that the election had problems, like buying votes and unfair media.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What actions are being taken by different parties involved in the Serbian election controversy and how have they affected the outcome?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.