Serbia protests – level 2
Thousands of people protested in Serbian towns against the plans to mine lithium around the town of Loznica.
The government supported the plans, and it already sold land near the town to an Anglo-Australian company Rio Tinto. It made many people angry, and they said that the president did not care about the environment.
Lithium is an important part of batteries for electric cars, but lithium mines pollute the land a lot. People said that the president did not solve environmental problems, and he cared only about money.
People, who disagreed with the protests, said that protesters wanted to change the elections which will take place next year.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.