Serial killer arrested – level 2
A boy from Brazil started to steal things when he was 15 or 16. Then he started to have different thoughts, and he killed for the first time when he was 17.
He felt the adrenaline rush from the kill and he liked it. He started to kill more people for the pleasure of it. His favourite victims were white women whom he strangled. The man killed 42 people. Thirty-nine of them were women.
He is 26 years old now and police finally arrested him. He also said that his wife knew about the murders.
Difficult words: rush (a sudden, strong and pleasant feeling), victim (a person who somebody or something attacks/kills) strangle (to squeeze somebody’s neck to kill him).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.