Sewage cleaners’s job time – level 2
Last week, the French government introduced its pension reform. According to the change, people will have to work 43 years to get a full pension.
Workers of the Paris sewage system don’t agree with the reform, and they plan to take part in a national strike on January 19, 2023. Their work is very demanding and dangerous, too. They clean and repair the city’s sewage system, so they walk through long dark tunnels, often on their knees. The tunnels are full of feces and rats.
Some workers said that they couldn’t imagine working longer because they were very tired. They hope that the government will not pass the law.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.