Shark and Diver in a Cage – level 3
Cage diving is a popular tourist attraction in countries with shark-infested waters, such as off the west coast off Mexico’s Baja California peninsula.
Some people went cage-diving when a shark went for some bait and hit the cage. The shark broke the rail and it became trapped inside the cage with the diver.
Someone filmed the horrifying moment on camera and, thankfully, after the shark escaped, the diver resurfaced remarkably unscathed. People think that he was able to move out of the shark’s way as it entered the cage.
Difficult words: shark-infested (many sharks), peninsula (a piece of land almost surrounded by water), bait (food which makes animals come), resurface (come back up to the surface of water), remarkably (surprisingly), unscathed (completely fine).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.