Shark kills a man – level 1
This happens in Australia. A shark bites a surfer. A shark bites a second surfer in the same place. This happens the next day. The shark bites his legs off!
The second surfer is from Japan. Many surfers know him. They see him in the water. They take him out of the ocean. They call for help, but the Japanese man dies.
Police want to find the shark. They want to know if it bit both men. Then they will kill it. The surfers don’t want people to kill the shark.
Difficult words: bite (to attack with the mouth), surfer (a person who stands on a board to ride on waves).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What would you think if you saw this happen?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.