Shark kills a man – level 2
A shark attacked a surfer in Australia. On the very next day and in the same place, a shark attacked a Japanese surfer. It bit his legs off!
Other surfers took him out of the ocean. They called for help, but he died from blood loss.
The surfers are sad because many of them knew the Japanese man.
The police now investigate the site where the shark killed the surfer. The police said that they will try to find out if one shark attacked both surfers. If it made both attacks, the police will kill it, but the other surfers think that they should leave it alone.
Difficult words: investigate (to find information), site (place), blood loss (when your body loses too much blood).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What would you think if you saw this happen?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.