Shoes in Paris – level 1
Leaders from different countries come to Paris. They come to a conference. They talk about climate at the conference.
People are interested in climate too. They want to march, but they cannot. It is because of the Paris attacks. People are scared.
People cannot march, but they can do something else. They can leave their shoes in a square. One pair is for one person.
Celebrities put their shoes in the square too. The Pope puts his shoes there.
Difficult words: conference (an event when people talk about a problem), climate (the weather of the planet), march (go in the streets).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.