Shooting in a Czech restaurant – level 1
A man comes to a restaurant. It is lunch time. There are twenty people in the restaurant. The man has two guns. He begins to shoot the guns.
He kills eight people. He injures more people. After this, he kills himself. The man was around 60 years old. He was mentally unstable.
This happened in the Czech Republic. It is a country in Central Europe. This was not a terror attack.
Difficult words: injure (to hurt people), was (the past tense of “is”), mentally unstable (his mind was not OK).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.