Shooting in a Czech restaurant – level 2
A man burst into a restaurant in a Czech town. It was around lunch time, and there were around twenty people in there. The man had two guns with him and he began shooting.
He killed eight people and he injured a few more. One woman suffered serious chest wounds. The man then killed himself.
The mentally unstable man was in his sixties. This was not a terror attack.
Difficult words: burst into (to enter fast and with a lot of force), wound (an injury, damage to the body), mentally unstable (his mind was not OK).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.