Shooting in Munich – level 2
In Munich, a gunman did a terrible thing when he came to a shopping centre and killed 9 people and injured 27. Afterward, he killed himself.
Police and officials spoke about the attacker. He was not related to the Islamic State, but officials said that doctors were giving him psychiatric care. He did not have a license for his gun, police did not know him, and he had no criminal record. They are now investigating why he did this.
Emergency staff said that they received over 4,000 calls because of this attack.
Difficult words: afterward (then), psychiatric (relating to the study of mental illness), staff (people that work somewhere).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos