Shooting in Paris – level 1
This news is about a magazine. It has an office in Paris. This magazine makes cartoons. The cartoons make jokes about people.
One cartoon jokes about Muslim leaders. Some people do not like this. They attack the magazine.
Another attack happens. Two men attack in Paris. They kill twelve people. They injure ten people. The French police look for the men.
Difficult words: cartoon (a simple drawing), injure (to make another person have problems with his body).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do things like this shock you?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.