Sick People Need Oxygen – level 1
Many people in Nigeria have the coronavirus. It brings problems for hospitals. They do not have enough oxygen.
People need oxygen to live. Oxygen is in the air that people breathe. COVID-19 patients sometimes need oxygen from a tank. They have problems if they try to breathe alone.
Many people become sick in Autumn or Fall. Hospitals do not have oxygen for so many people. Factories which make oxygen must make more of it. Officials decide to build two new factories. They want to make even more factories in the future.
It is difficult to know how much oxygen will hospitals need. Some patients are very sick. They need a lot of oxygen. Some patients do not need oxygen at all.
Difficult words: oxygen (a gas which is a part of air and people cannot live without it), breathe (to take air into the body through the mouth or nose), tank (a large metal container in which people keep gas, oil, and other things)
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.