Sick People Need Oxygen – level 2
A second wave of the coronavirus hit Nigeria and it brought problems with oxygen for COVID-19 patients.
Hospitals reported more than 65,000 sick people since Autumn or Fall last year and they needed seven times more oxygen than before. In November, factories which produced oxygen started to have problems because the number of patients grew very quickly. Officials decided to build two new factories and they plan to build even more.
Some COVID-19 patients need a lot of oxygen because they have big problems with their breathing. Some patients do not need so much oxygen, and it is the reason why it is not easy to know how much oxygen hospitals will need.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.