Silvio Berlusconi dies – level 2
Silvio Berlusconi, the billionaire, and former Italian prime minister died at the age of 86. Berlusconi died in Milan, and his family was with him.
Berlusconi suffered from leukemia and recently, he got a lung infection. Italy declared a day of national mourning and will hold a state funeral in Milan Cathedral. The future of Berlusconi’s political party is not clear, but his death can make Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni even stronger. The future of Berlusconi’s business is also unclear because he didn’t name a successor.
Berlusconi’s personal and public life often caused a lot of arguments among people which had a big impact on Italian politics and society.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What impact did Silvio Berlusconi have on Italian politics and society?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.