Six-year-old girl is saved – level 1
A boat sinks near South Korea. A six-year-old girl is lucky. People rescue her. Sadly, her parents are still missing.
The girl goes to hospital. People try to find her family. They find the girl’s uncle.
People look for the girl’s parents. We have no information about them.
Difficult words: sink (get under water), rescue (save), be missing (we do not know where they are).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Has your ship ever sunk?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.