Six-year-old girl is saved – level 2
A ferry sank off the coast of South Korea. A six-year-old girl is lucky to be alive. People rescued her. Unfortunately, her parents are still missing.
The girl was treated in hospital after her rescue. A lot of people tried to contact the girl’s relatives. Luckily, her uncle managed to get in touch.
The rescue operations are ongoing, but we have no information about the parents or her brother.
Difficult words: rescue (save), treat (help), get in touch (communicate).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Has your ship ever sunk?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.