Sixteen-kilogram tumour – level 1
This news is about a woman. She is from Peru. She is 22 years old. She has a tumour in her body.
Her tumour grows for eight years. It gets 50 centimetres long and 16 kilograms heavy. It makes the woman look pregnant.
It makes her life difficult. She cannot work or study. She can only stay at home.
Doctors operate on the woman. They remove the tumour. Everything goes fine. She is going to be OK.
Difficult words: tumour (something which grows on/in your body; this thing is not good and is often removed), pregnant (with a baby inside the belly), remove (take out).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this woman’s tumour?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.