Sixth finger – level 2
Japanese and French scientists developed a robotic sixth finger.
Scientists wanted to see what would happen from the sixth finger. They attached it to the hand next to the smallest finger, and they studied how the brain reacted. They already knew that we move the body with our brain. Special sensors measure signals from muscles, and they then control the robotic finger.
Scientists believe that we will change our bodies freely in the future. They say that the sixth finger is something like glasses. People wear them as an accessory, but they make their life easier. People will use the sixth finger to be able to carry more things or to type.
Difficult words: robotic (something that looks or address like a human, but it is a machine), sensor (a device to check and react to things like movement, heat, or light), accessory (a thing to make something better or more useful).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos