Sleep with sharks – level 3
Giving a new meaning to the phrase “sleeping with the fishes“! This is a sleepover like no other. Airbnb are offering its users the chance to win a night in an underwater bedroom at Aquarium de Paris.
Scared yet? Well, what if we told you the lucky winners will be submerged in three million litres of water in a tank ten metres deep, with only a 360-degree transparent wall between them and some rather unusual neighbours – 35 sharks!
Guests will also enjoy an intimate meal at the aquarium with tank-side views. The experience is designed to give competition winners an exclusive behind-the-scenes glimpse into the world of sharks – how they live, why they’re so misunderstood and their importance to the ocean’s ecosystem.
Do you think you’d get a peaceful night’s sleep? Maybe just don’t watch “Jaws” before you go. Oh, and don’t sleepwalk!
Difficult words: sleep with the fishes (when someone murders a person and throws him or her in the water), submerge (to go under water), transparent (see-through), glimpse (a quick look).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos