Slow iPhones – level 2
Over the last few years, people said that Apple purposely slowed down its iPhones to encourage people to buy new phones. Customers said that there were problems after they installed software updates.
In 2017, Apple said that it slowed down older phones on purpose because their batteries were old and the phones could shut down. However, Apple did not tell this to customers. Later, Apple said that customers could choose if they wanted their phones to slow down to keep pace with the updates.
In court, Apple agreed to pay money to avoid more court costs over these problems. Apple can pay $310 million or up to $25 per phone.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.