Slug’s Body Grows Again – level 1
Japanese scientists study sea slugs. A slug is a small animal. It looks like a snail without a shell. Scientists see something unusual. Three slugs cut their heads off. Scientists think that the slugs will die.
They do not die. They move. They eat. Their bodies start to grow again. Scientists think that this is a way to remove parasites.
The new bodies grow from the slugs’ heads. This is very important information. Scientists will study the heads. It can help in medicine.
Some people are ill or hurt. They need a new body part. It is possible that scientists can grow some body parts in the future.
Difficult words: shell (the hard case in which some animals live), remove (to take something away), parasite (a living thing which lives on or inside another living thing and it gets food from it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos