Smallest Baby – level 2
A woman was pregnant with her baby at 23 weeks (about 6 months) when she did not feel well. She thought that it was part of her pregnancy, but it was preeclampsia and her blood pressure was very high.
The baby had to be born soon, and doctors said that the baby girl would not survive. However, the baby is alive today after six months.
A nurse said that the workers help the babies as much as they can, but the babies have to be strong outside the womb. The mother says that ‘she is the smallest baby, but she’s mine’.
Difficult words: preeclampsia (a serious problem that pregnant women can get that can hurt the woman and the baby’s organs), blood pressure (how much the blood presses in the body – this is important medical information), womb (where the baby grows inside its mother).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.