Smart chopsticks – level 1
Chopsticks are two sticks which people in Asia use to eat food. Usually they are made from wood.
Japanese scientists make smart chopsticks. You put a special device on your wrist. The device has a small computer inside. This device connects to the sticks. The sticks move when you eat.
Then, the food tastes more salty. The sodium ions in food start to move.
Scientists say that the chopsticks are good for people who can’t eat too much salt. Japanese people eat a lot of salt. They don’t like food without salt. Too much salt isn’t good for the body. The chopsticks can help solve this problem.
Difficult words: wood (hard material which comes from trees), wrist (the part of the body between the hand and the forearm), sodium ion (a chemical element which is in salt).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos