Snake at the Doctor’s – level 2
A 23-foot python (7 meters) had her annual check-up. The snake is the biggest one in Europe. It weighs around 60 kilograms.
Ten people from the zoo carried her to the vet and they checked her heart with ultrasound. Doctors can tell a lot about the health of the heart like this.
The experts tried similar tests on giraffes and sharks, but snake hearts interest them more. A snake’s heart has three chambers, not four like the human heart.
Difficult words: python (large tropical snake), annual (every year), ultrasound (special medical scan), chamber (space for blood to move).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is unique about the three-chambered heart of a snake compared to the human heart?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos