Snake in lettuce – level 2
A man from Australia bought lettuce in a local supermarket. The lettuce was in a plastic bag.
When the man came home, he saw that something was moving inside. First, he thought that it was a worm, but then, the animal’s tongue flicked out of its mouth.
The man got scared because it was clear that the animal was a snake. The man and his girlfriend saw that there was a hole in the bag and that the animal could escape. They quickly put the bag into another plastic bag.
Local authorities found out that the snake was venomous. It traveled in the bag 870 kilometers from a packing factory in another Australian city.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.