Snake Massage – level 2
A spa in Cairo, Egypt, uses snakes to help people reduce muscle and joint pain.
The massage takes 30 minutes and first, a masseur puts oil on a client´s back and face. Then he puts around 28 non-venomous snakes on the back. The snakes move smoothly on the back and face. The owner of the spa said that the snakes could feel the pain in a person´s body, and they moved over the painful places. He also said that the massage helped better blood circulation, and it made people feel happier.
Some people are scared at first, but after a while, they start to enjoy the massage, and they can relax. Some people also feel good about themselves that they overcame their fear of snakes.
Difficult words: masseur (a person whose job is to give a massage to people), non-venomous (an animal that is not dangerous when it bites somebody), blood circulation (the transport of blood through the body).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.