Snake Massage – level 3
A spa in Cairo, Egypt, has introduced a massage using live snakes that are known for relieving muscle pain and soothing joints.
Not many people would associate snakes with relaxation; however, the spa is hoping to change it. During the 30-minute massage, live snakes slither on the backs and faces of customers who look for pain relief. First, oil is rubbed on a client’s back, and then, there is a combination of pythons or around 28 different types of non-venomous snakes.
Reportedly, when snakes are placed on customers’ backs they feel a sense of relief and rejuvenation. Some people feel nervous or even scared; however, the anxiety and tension decrease and people are able to relax. A man said that having snakes on his back boosted his self-confidence. The spa owner claimed that snake massages were proven to reduce muscle and joint pain while also improving blood circulation and releasing endorphins.
Difficult words: slither (to move smoothly over a surface), rejuvenation (the feeling of being young again), endorphins (chemicals produced in the body that make a person feel happier).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos