Snakes Under House – level 1
This is in Texas, USA. A man goes under his house. He wants to fix something there.
He sees that there are ‘a few’ snakes. He calls a special company. The company removes snakes. People go under his house. They find 45 snakes. They remove all of them.
These snakes are rattlesnakes. This type of snake is dangerous. It rattles when it feels that it is in danger. The rattling is typical for this snake.
Difficult words: fix (make something broken work again), a few (a small number), remove (put away), rattle (make a sound by shaking something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos