Snakes Under House – level 3
A man from Texas crawled under his house after high winds disrupted his cable TV service, and he noticed ‘a few’ snakes there.
When a snake removal company came around, it was clear there were more than just a few – the workers removed 45 rattlesnakes from underneath the house.
In Texas, snakes come out from underneath households as soon as the weather warms up.
Difficult words: crawl (move on hands and knees), disrupt (damage, cause problems), rattlesnake (a snake in the USA which rattles – makes a typical warning sound).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos