Snow leopard is injured – level 3
Chinese frontier guards have saved an injured snow leopard that was trapped in a coal mine.
Upon finding the leopard stuck in a drainage tank, the guards sought help from their nearby animal husbandry department.
With joint efforts, rescuers pulled the leopard out of the water using a fishing net.
One of the guards described how they found the animal struggling in the water and described the brigade’s shock when they discovered it was a leopard.
According to experts, wild snow leopards rarely appear at human residential areas, and it’s thought the animal may have wandered into the coal mine for food.
Difficult words: frontier (line or border between two countries), drainage tank (large container for water), animal husbandry (farming that involves keeping animals), struggle (to have problems with something), brigade (group of soldiers).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos