Snowboarder makes new moves – level 2
A snowboarder from Great Britain keeps accomplishing new manoueveres for his sport. In 2011, he made the triple backside rodeo. It is a trick when a snowboarder moves in a circle in the air, as he keeps going in the same direction that he started. He was the first one to make this move.
Now, he made the 1,800 quadruple cork, and it is a trick when a snowboarder flips four times at the same time as his body spins five rotations. People thought that he would be able to make this move and he proved them correct!
Difficult words: manouevre (a difficult and complicated move), rotation (to spin in a complete circle).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about these manoeuvres?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.