Soccer Players Help – level 2
FC Barcelona is the biggest soccer team in Europe, and it is cutting the salaries of its players.
The biggest star, Lionel Messi, and his teammates, agreed to a 70% pay cut. The club wants to support its non-sporting employees, who are losing money during the coronavirus. The club itself and the players will pay 100% of their salaries.
Messi is one of the highest paid soccer players in the world, and reports say that the pay cut can cost him about $50 million dollars. Messi said that he understands the situation, and he is ready to help his team.
The coronavirus is spreading across Europe, and it affects other soccer teams too. They decided to make similar cuts as FC Barcelona.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.